About Me

The Bronx, New York, United States
I love creating things, I love learning new things & meeting other artists or creative people, photography, living in the moment, yoga, cooking; eating, hanging out with other creative people, family, fun & frolicks, eating cold chocolate oh & I have a vice for diet cola....working on it...

Friday, February 3, 2012

Thrifting!




Thrift store treasures!


I went thrifting with L_____a recently at a local St. Vincent De Paul's in Sydney, Australia. I hadn't been thrifting for a while because funds have been quite tight.
I must admit that I was suddenly appalled at the prices! I noticed a vast majority of these thrift store items, brand new, would not have fetched such highway robbery prices such as the ones they carried in there donated & second hand state. 
You see I was hoping to do a Thrift store haul segment but alas, although I was cashed up to the tune of $90 I was not willing to pay $25 for a white genuine glo-mesh ladies wallet - don't worry I felt the disappointment curl its invisible hands around my neck as I left the thrift store - dismal & glum & empty handed. Ho-hum...

Well hold your horses! I was able to take some pics of objects I would have bought if they hadn't been so pricey, oh & yes, the glo-mesh ladies wallet, I was def. kicking myself when I got home. It was in mint condition after all but I see countless other glo-mesh or Oroton (genuine of course) purses, key holders, cigarette holders and even bags up on Etsy www.etsy.com in the vintage categories. I think my silent protest of refusing to pay $25 for something I can get and to my taste (in gold) online much more cheaper, only reflects my strong principals. 

Ok, plus I wanted to eat Korean sushi in Campsie for lunch as well - lol!  


I did come across this adorable wooden angel though, most likely a broken christmas decoration & the asking price was $2 - a bit steep if you ask me! I mean if I was running a thrift store where all my merchandise was sourced from donations then I would be keeping my prices low. Also I wouldn't forget that a lot of my customers are shopping at my store because they can't afford to buy brand new stuff. 

Save dosh!! Raid golf course ponds & sell your harvest back to these rich fat cats for double price!

Wax paper dried leaves lamps, pretty but...pricey @ $5 ea - see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment