About Me

The Bronx, New York, United States
I love creating things, I love learning new things & meeting other artists or creative people, photography, living in the moment, yoga, cooking; eating, hanging out with other creative people, family, fun & frolicks, eating cold chocolate oh & I have a vice for diet cola....working on it...

Friday, January 27, 2012

Handmade by moi

Italian Fabric Samples repurposed into earrings, plated silver, OOAK.
Leaf earring design sketch.
I think I'll use this later.

 Moving on...I also made some really pretty earrings out of some Italian Fabric Samples I picked up for a buck or two. What attracted me to this fabric was the texture, how it felt in my hands, so soft and billowy. I quickly sketched some designs up in my sketchbook to see how it would look.

Also the colors were quite subdued, soft blues, taupes, nudes, and natural brown and I really love honouring natural shapes, so I cut the fabric into 

I used scrap fabric and fabric samples from one of my favourite spots in Sydney, Australia (link below):  


More of the design process.
I totally love this place but I must admit that the last time I was in Sydney, Australia (which wasn't that while back, maybe a few months or so), I have noticed that it's getting a bit higglty pigglty. 


Since I'm a Creative soul I tend to ignore this but it was just something I noticed. (I still love you though RG - no hard feelings!)


I'm forgiving of this also because I know that Reverse Garbage have had other projects on their plates, such as an exhibition: 

http://www.reversegarbage.com.au/events/trash-amour-exhibition-opening
Close up of very soft fabric, romantic and feminine. 

soft leaves. I added plated silver findings and chains and voila! 

I did buy some small Swarovski bicone shaped beads from one of my other favourite spots for Jewellery findings, 'Beadhouse and Castings' in Alexandria - link below:

http://www.beadhouse.com.au/
My handmade head bands for spring races, picnics, church...

Ok, so Im back today with a feature of some of the nifty things I've made. I really love how each headband came out differently, I guess I was experimenting. 

I bought a packet of 8 colourful headbands from my local dollarstore for only $2. I guess Melbourne cup was coming up at that time and I also got inspired by seeing a girl at church rock some awesome headband with flowers on it. She had purchased it from some commercial accessories outlet called 'Diva'. I only buy broken jewelry from Diva so that I can remake OOAK pieces out of them. I decided since I didn't have the funds to buy a $16.95 headband that I would make it myself. Great for church, picnics, the races, springtime carnivals - paired with a pretty feminine dress and some cute sandals - Hey! You're good to go!!

Swarovski Crystal's neck earrings and Repurposed fabric earrings.
I make these earrings very long in length and they look sublime on woman with short hair. In saying this I have worn my own designs and I have long hair and I've often been stopped and asked where I got my earrings from. 


It's a wonderful feeling to then proudly respond with:




"I made them myself!"


Stay Gorg!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment