About Me

The Bronx, New York, United States
I love creating things, I love learning new things & meeting other artists or creative people, photography, living in the moment, yoga, cooking; eating, hanging out with other creative people, family, fun & frolicks, eating cold chocolate oh & I have a vice for diet cola....working on it...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My 2nd post for the day um, I mean night - why 2 posts you say in dismay?


BTW: These pics are totally unrelated, but I just wanted to post them - ha! because I can! break the rulz I say: Anyway I wanted to poste this almond croisant and cafe latte, all the foods/beverages I can no longer partake in, due to the arthritis in my knee etc. Though I will have a coffee once I'm back home but probably not the lovely dee-litghtful massively GORG croisant. Damn!


Enjoying an Almond croissant, cafe latte @ The Atwater Marche, Montreal, Canada. 


Who says you can't do 2 posts in one day or 3 posts for that matter or even 4, hey why not go for 5, then again why stop at that, why not just move on to 6 but 7 such a lovely number...

(ok you get my drift)Inspired by one of my other fav. channels off the YT Working class foodies, check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJNR3uLAWpg

Yesterday I made dinner, so here's a preview of yesterdays menu:

Taco de lengua (Cow tongue taco's) - Yummy
Skirt steak stew in a thick tomato sauce
Fresh Salsa made with cucumber, tomato's, cilantro and fresh limes
Stewed white beans in a hot and spicy sauce
Basmati Rice

For desert, I used one of Elba's recipes pulled from her youtube channel for Puerto Rican Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce:


Did someone say "Heart Attack?" no, correction it's actually a "Tripple Bypass" - Gotta love this woman. She's so old school she's even got a recipe for stuffed devilled eggs! I totally love this chick, I mean check out that GORG hair!!! She's a real Glamma! I enjoy watching her channel because she's fab and so are her step by step instructions for each tutorial. My other half absolutely loves bread pudding but only if it's made puerto rican stylz. 

Anyways, I made this Puerto Rican Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce (yes, thank me for the caps again) but instead of using raisins I decided to use choc chunks. Only because 1) I didn't have any raisins on hand and 2) I was given a bar of dark chocolate which I shoved in the freezer. 

Everyone simply adored this desert, I forgot to mention that I baked some fresh figs, drizzling them with organic honey before popping them in the oven. I served my bread pudding with the vanilla sauce, so rich and so totally unhealthy for you but shesh! gotta live a little. 

Alas I did not partake in the joyous feasting but rather sat on the side lines with my small portion of chicken, steamed zucchini and sweet potatoes, tiny mound of basmati rice and large serving of salsa. 

The day before I blew the fam. away with another pretty spread that made the table heave...

Teriyaki chicken wings(making my own homemade teriyaki sauce recipe that I pulled from youtube 


Than I accompanied that with blanched Chinese choy sum (I prefer choy sum to bok choy, sometimes the texture of bok choy doesn't agree with me)

Also some Boiled white rice, for desert I made a very easy, very frugal and tasty desert that even vegans can enjoy. Again from Elbacooks4u, youtube channel: 


I also forgot to mention that I really love IKU in Sydney's Glebe suburb. One of the best Vegan restaurants for fast food. I've been going there since this chick Maude introduced me to it when I was 21. As I don't eat meat, I am eating chicken and seafood now but down the line I would like to primarily eat more legumes, whole grains and other alternatives. 

Don't get me wrong, I still love meat, I really want to eat meat, my body is craving it, but alas, I cannot due to health reasons. I did promise my hubby that once in a while I will go back to my carnivorous sabre toothed habits and blood let with him, literally paint NYC red. But on special occasions only. 

Later I will be posting some really healthy totally dee-lish vegan recipes for all you dreadlocked, bongo playing peeps out there.

Eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment