About Me

The Bronx, New York, United States
I love creating things, I love learning new things & meeting other artists or creative people, photography, living in the moment, yoga, cooking; eating, hanging out with other creative people, family, fun & frolicks, eating cold chocolate oh & I have a vice for diet cola....working on it...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Balcony Buddha

Flaws & cracks make beautiful things.

It has been quite some time since I last blogged to be honest it has been almost over 2 or 3 months now. Well, I have a big trip coming up this April that I am preparing for. I have not been out of the country for over 2 years now and I have itchy feet, rearing to go!

I will be going to Mexico via U.S.A/Canada. It's been a while since I was in Mexico last & I plan to lap it up, the food, the art, the culture and of course the lovely people. This time I will be heading to Mexico City and than into the valley's (I hope!). Yes, I have planned BIG because I am going to big, open spaces. More about my trip coming soon...so stay tuned.

As for the photo, I took this whilst on my balcony, I bought this Buddha back from Bangkok in 2008 and the very tip of it's head broke off so it was officially deemed as "flawed" by me. Than I started reading through some self help books about self esteem, self-love and acceptance.  

Which explains my absenteeism from my blog, I was feeling a little down and struggling to see myself as appealing or attractive because all I could see were the all the flaws. All the cracks, chips, peeling, bumpy, lumpy, wobbly bits that make about 70% of me. (That's on a good day! Normally I give it the 100% retail mark up so today I must be feeling better). So then as the year starting wrapping up I ran out of energy to waste on such negative thoughts and than I made a new years resolution: To just be - "Me".

2011 will not be without challenges but if I can decide to keep this statue head of a flawed Buddha despite all it's cracks, broken pieces, uneven surface etc and still find beauty in it than how come I cannot do it for myself??

Well I have decided to give it a shot and if I stumble along the way, I will be big and bold enough to pick myself up, dust myself off, take some deep breaths and continue on my journey. 

After all, I'm a big girl now.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment