About Me

The Bronx, New York, United States
I love creating things, I love learning new things & meeting other artists or creative people, photography, living in the moment, yoga, cooking; eating, hanging out with other creative people, family, fun & frolicks, eating cold chocolate oh & I have a vice for diet cola....working on it...

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Children Of Our World


Today I had the opportunity to photograph some amazing children that live on my ______'s street.
These kids come from a variety of different backgrounds, not only in culture but religion, age & gender too but you would never had known any differences by observing them all play together.


The beauty about children is that they don't fear what they don't know, they have too much curiosity that propels them to play together & share laughter with each other. As David Bowie once sang:

And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their world
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through...





I can sit here now & write about how this will change when they start becoming the grown up's they observe in the world around them but if I did that I would probably be doing myself & our greater humanity a dis-service.



I would much prefer to look forward to the gifts that the children of this world offer us, discovery, hope & courage to be the people they were put on our earth to be.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't tell them to grow up and out of it...




No comments:

Post a Comment