About Me

The Bronx, New York, United States
I love creating things, I love learning new things & meeting other artists or creative people, photography, living in the moment, yoga, cooking; eating, hanging out with other creative people, family, fun & frolicks, eating cold chocolate oh & I have a vice for diet cola....working on it...

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies & Wild Flowers

I snapped this up at my local shopping centre car park, to find beauty wherever you are is the key to staying beautiful.
Today was a very hot day but it was so nice to have warm weather with beautiful skies as lately we've been having storms. By now, if you've been following this blog that is, you would of noticed that I simply adore storms.

To me, the intense pulsating flashes of lightening across a blackened sky combined with the dramatic roar & crash of thunder followed by the downpour of heavy rain is like an opera made by our creator. A gift of lights, noise & water to make us humans take notice, after all this is life!
The gorgeous lilac contrasted against the greenery of the thorny stems in this photo make my heart skip a beat!

We do not live on an ant farm nor are we machines, we must always take the time to acknowledge the elements & in particular to give thanks to our creator. I tried to photograph a storm whilst I was driving home on monday night but the photo's weren't clear. Perhaps it was not meant to be...

Well today I would like to share some picture's of a wild flower I snapped whilst gathering ingredients for an easy peasy peanut butter cookie recipe. Actually it was at my local Aldi's supermarket car park. Why was I there you ask? 
I am in awe of nature, can you believe I found these wild flowers outside the car park at my local Aldi's store? Got to love Aldi's...

Well I love home made cookies, the smell of fresh baked cookies straight from out of the oven beats store bought any day! Also homemade cooking, well homemade anything teaches us the importance of eating good food. 

Yes, there is sugar inside these cookies & peanut butter but they don't have all the long list of preserving agents, emulsifiers, flavour enhancers etc. This clever recipe is so easy & most ingredients you will have in your pantry I burnt my first batch so that is why I had to do a quick run to my local Aldi's store. I found it on itunes can you believe it? Read on....
Recently I subscribed to a frugal podcast from Rachel Boering who hosts The Frugal Living Show.

One of her episodes (episode 6) includes one entitled: 'This & That - Cookies & Craft' which features a 3 ingredient cookie recipe.

It is so easy & so simple & apparently Rachel Boering herself has been making these same cookies since she was 8 years old. Wow!

These are the ingredients & the final product - so easy!
Here is the recipe & no stress, it requires 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar & 1 egg - I kid you not!

All you do is mix the sugar & egg together to a good emulsion than add your peanut butter. I used smooth & I'm pretty sure that is what Rachel used too.

Next step is to line your cookie sheet with greased baking paper, put spoonfuls of cookie mixture onto sheet & put in a moderate oven for around 12 minutes.

I actually have a fan forced oven so I put on an even lower heat & I prefer to hang around the kitchen & be a cookie stalker whilst there baking. (Only because I burnt my first batch this morning when I did my first trial!)

The smell of fresh baked cookies is heavenly, enjoy with a cup of earl grey tea.






No comments:

Post a Comment