About Me

The Bronx, New York, United States
I love creating things, I love learning new things & meeting other artists or creative people, photography, living in the moment, yoga, cooking; eating, hanging out with other creative people, family, fun & frolicks, eating cold chocolate oh & I have a vice for diet cola....working on it...

Friday, November 5, 2010

The Shoots

This morning I woke up with a sense of dread, yes, you read that right, the big 'D' word. I know I have only just began this blog but it is my little corner of peace in a world that is filled with so much misery & hateful people. 

I have been working with the same particular organisation for 3 years & in that time I have experienced much hardships & often at times, painful situations involving work collegues.  


            

Rather than writing about that today I want to take a moment here & write instead about how I deal with it. There is no simple formula or secret method, I use my creativity & talent that God has blessed me with to help me get through some tough times.





Growing beautiful & colourful flowers, herbs & much more of nature's bounty is one of the elements of my creativity that I have been exploring lately. I felt so down when I woke up this morning with that one thought in my mind, can you believe how a cingular thought can stir such unhappiness in a person's heart? I quickly tried to analyse why I was feeling this way & I realised I was becoming swept up in the emotional part of my thoughts thus triggering a negative reaction.

I decided to brainstorm ideas on how to counter act these negative thoughts & one of them is to harness my creativity but also to go back to practising yoga as well as working out at the gym more often.



When my soul felt so heavy in that moment so as I was doing a routine check on my balcony to see how the seedlings were progressing I was nicely surprised by what I discovered today.
Actually it was just what I needed.

Shoots have started to appear,  I noticed the thyme, pak choy, mixed lettuce,  & peas have delicately peaked out from beneath the soil. This was a feel good moment for me & I held the joy that I felt in that moment of time.



I strive to live with passion daily regardless of the struggles & hurdles that everyday life presents, I always try to remember the smaller things.


This is what keeps me going, it is after all, the little things in life that give us joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment