About Me

The Bronx, New York, United States
I love creating things, I love learning new things & meeting other artists or creative people, photography, living in the moment, yoga, cooking; eating, hanging out with other creative people, family, fun & frolicks, eating cold chocolate oh & I have a vice for diet cola....working on it...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Recycled Junk

Guten Tag,

Wie geht es Ihnen?

Yesterday I was feeling tired, a little run down & worse for wear. I was not a very productive chap, I spent the whole day pretty much skyping R_____. We chatted about our future plans, babies, study, moving out of state etc.

My soda pop Christmas tree decoration in the making...still need to figure out how to um...de-sharpen the edges but it looks good for the moment!
As usual I couldn't keep my hands still so I kept them moving on a project, a good friend of mine made some really pretty christmas decorations from soda cans. So I too have been making some great christmas decorations in the same spirit as her so on monday when I was out & about vintage shopping I remembered that there was a Korean supermarket in B______.

Pretty stars! Yay, Christmas is upon us...joy to the world!
It was quite a hot day so I decided to grab a nice cold drink from the large variety I knew this they stocked. There were x2 supermarkets but the girl at the first one was quite rude so I decided to give my business to the 2nd store. (I don't like rude people!)
Imagine if I ran my Etsy shop in the same manner as this girl at the Korean supermarket did, I wouldn't have any customers!
The bold, graphic use of colour is a trip!
I told her off before I made my exit & went straight to shop #2. Actually in the end the 2nd shop had a better layout, you are not so cramped in there. They don't have overstocked aisles so it isn't so frustrating trying to locate items.
Ok, forget about the nasty girl at shop, moving on to bigger & brighter things...
I really love the colourful candy wrappers, the bold graphics on there soda cans, the unusual calligraphic style of writing.
I am so enticed by the interesting use of design on all these products, most of the food I probably wouldn't eat unless it was my time to junk out once a month. I bought quite a few products & shared them with my family urging everyone to hurry up so I could get my hands on wrappers, empty cans etc

What to do with all that colourful junk?
Which reminds me, I went to visit the Little Leiden Hausen yesterday & he sends a big huge Cheerful  Guten Tag to all his fanbase of um....err.....1. He is in good spirits & urged me not to waste my time on skype & to get back into the creative & productive spirit which is exactly what I will do.

I am being a little random in this post today, flipping from one subject matter to the next as my title is about recycled junk which I will get back to in a minute. Hold your wild horses!

Well I have been working on a few things, Christmas decorations & perhaps some jewellery items. I'm still working on it right now. Here is one of my finished projects made from a lemonade soda can. It is a star, it is my first one so bear with me.

Wow! It is amazing how pretty you can make junk...it is still in infant stages but you can see part of the transformation already.



I will post another item today when I finish adding a hanging attatchment to some other small stars that I have used an old ice cream container lid, kids juice boxes & dishwashing liquid container that I have cut up & refashioned into dangling stars.....err.....um....or thereabouts.


Here is the star I was working on when I was being lazy on the couch caught up in skype convo....oh, my! I put this one on my fridge to remind me about the beauty in junk!


Well that is my post for today folks plus I heard from E______, it was really nice to get word from him. I will sign off here for now I am itching to get back to my stars & little christmas trees, I have decided to add some of that expensive gold ink I purchased on a whim 6 months ago but did not end up using.
I really enjoy getting into the spirit of Christmas plus it is the perfect opportunity to use gold & silver & not feel bad about doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment